[Amps] Forced-air cooling system measurements

Scott Townley nx7u at cox.net
Sun Sep 12 13:25:26 PDT 2010

The general recommendation for checking forced-air cooling system
performance is to use a manometer to check back pressure.
I wonder, isn't the "true" test the CFM in the exhaust?  After all, if the
blower can't "push" through the tube/socket back pressure, then the net
result is not enough CFM.
I ask that because while I don't have a manometer (though that is not
insurmountable by any means), I do have an anemometer calibrated to read
CFM.  It would seem that a guaranteed test is to be able to measure the
recommended CFM in the exhaust air, if the exhaust is sufficiently ducted.
Thoughts?

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di
mailto:nx7u at cox.net