[Amps] SHV connectors great, but where to find coax?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Sep 13 13:00:17 PDT 2010

From: Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SHV connectors great, but where to find coax?
To: "'AMPS'" <amps at contesting.com>
Date: Monday, 13 September, 2010, 18:56

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:46:28 +0000 (GMT), DAVE WHITE
<mausoptik at btinternet.com> wrote:

> If I want to build an HT lead with a PL259 on the end of it,
>then that's what I'll damn well do and I personally will
>take the risk. If I plug one end into the 6kV supply and the
>other into my right nostril then that's my own fault and my
>own responsibility, right?

REPLY:

If you apply for an engineering job somewhere, you probably should not
mention your design philosophy to the interviewer. :-)

Bill, W6WRT

Interesting comment from a non enginner I must say. However no one here has
suggested or would support using a PL-259 in a commercial product. This a
hobby use discussion only and I realize that you are against individual
thinking and actions and prefer a total control concept.

Carl
KM1H.