[Amps] Newbie to list with some RF amp questions

Randy S. rj3819 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 10:11:00 PDT 2010

Hi de N2CUA, Randy, Taberg, NY

I'm new to the list..

Just bought a nice home brew KW HF Amp
With a pair of 4-400A’s for a couple hundred dollars..
I don’t believe there is an RF Choke to ground on the Output .. should I add
one? I see it in many schematics.

Also, untuned input .. and short of using an antenna tuner on the Input, not
sure I can add it .. pretty crowded chassis. Ideas?
Do I need it really? Input impedance is pretty low on grounded grid Service
right? So not to worry even with a solid state rig with SWR protection? Thanks
for any advice and tips ..

OH he also put a TR switch inside .. one unit .. nice looking one ..
Looks to be expensive, has those smaller UHF type connectors on it.
TNC connectors I think.

Is there an issue with the TR sequence using something like that?

Sorry for so many questions, love to learn.

Randy - N2CUA