[Amps] reading and tuning

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Mon Sep 20 03:20:12 PDT 2010

Charles Harpole wrote:
 > However, the new Yaesu
> 9000 line, for example, allows instant CW keying from the ssb
> voice mode... just close the key and the exciter is putting out
> RF

And some (FT-2000 for example) have a jack that can be wired to an
external switch specifically for the purpose of providing a carrier
regardless of mode. This is separate from the CW key jack. I find
that very convenient since my homebrew amps are in a rack, and thus
not directly beside the rig. I have a momentary pushbutton mounted
on the rack  which causes the rig to give a steady carrier for
tuning the amps.

73,
Paul N1BUG