[Amps] DENTRON CLIPPERTON V modifications ?

JeanPierre.Behiels at electrabel.com JeanPierre.Behiels at electrabel.com
Sat Sep 18 04:27:55 PDT 2010

Hi guys;

I am busy with the repair of the above amplifier.
The tool has been destroyed by a lightning !
I have the full user manual with the original schematics of the equipment.
But the schematic does not correspond with what I see by opening the amplifier for repair ?
Does someone nows if there are made some modifications in the past well none by some radio amateurs ?
I think they are not realized by the means producted factory modifications later(I think could be otherwise).
I saw on the 300VDC supply that there is added some 3 series diodes from this power supply to earth and a supplementary output wire connection.
This wire has been come loose due the lightning but I can not find where it has been connected in conjunction with my original schematic.
Because this part of the circuit is not on my schematic ?
The originally output of the 300VDC power supply is already connected to the screen of the tube.
I have not any idee what this wire connection is,as function on my 300VDC screen supply of the 4CX250B tube ?
If you wish I can sent you the original schematic with the add-ons I already found behind the box .
Some resistance have also not the same value has indicated on the original schematic.
I think by the release of this VHF amplifier,there is sure has been talking around in a discussion group or a reflector.
And some guys have maby announced some modifications around the original circuit concept ?
I think I have sutch amplifier in repair now,he operates before the lightning superb !

Regards Jean ON4AEF.

ELECTRABEL NV/SA, 8 Regentlaan - Boulevard du Regent
1000 Brussel - Bruxelles, 0403170701, RPR/RPM Brussel/Bruxelles
"This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal
rules. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should
not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. All messages sent to and from Electrabel will be monitored to ensure
compliance with internal policies, to protect our interests and to eliminate potential malware. Emails are not secure
and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses.
Anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept these risks. "

http://www.electrabel.be/homepage/general/disclaimer_EN.asp