[Amps] Why are 833s so Expensive

DAVE WHITE mausoptik at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 27 02:36:56 PDT 2010

Hi Alek - yes, I think that for the "real radio that glows in the dark" the GU81M would take some beating.  I did toy with the idea of using the 'glass'-plus-screen from a microwave oven door as part of the casing for my 4-1000A amp some years ago, but in the end never did so as I lived in an area with weak TV signals and was paranoid about screening and TVI - even though theory told me not to worry.

I do have a circuit that one of the Hungarian guys used for a GU81M multi band amplifier and I'll dig it out, scan it and mail it over to you.  It may give some ideas.

I agree, the Ashes will be an interesting series this time around.

Just for the Yanks on the list who are used to Baseball and thus will find cricket baffling, let me offer a time honoured explanation:

1. There are two teams. One out, one in.

2. The team that’s out try to get the player that’s in, out.

3. When they do get him out, he goes in.

4. Then the next player goes out. As long as he’s out, he’s in.

5. The object is then for the team that’s out to get the second player out. When they get him out, he goes in.

6. This process is repeated for each innings until the team that’s out gets the team that’s in all out.

7. When the whole team is out, the team that was in goes out, and the team that was out goes in.

8. Then they play a second innings until they’re all out. Except one player. He remains not out....

cheers

Dave G0OIL