[Amps] Why are 833s so Expensive

Patrick Barthelow apolloeme at live.com
Tue Sep 28 06:28:58 PDT 2010

Sheesh......

Must be a market for these things.  It would be interesting to see proof of how many have sold so far.  IMHO this is
proof that there are an awful lot of  people with too much money.  Probably some of the  US tax payers bailed out,  Wall street  Bankers finding uses to spend their Bonus Checks.    There was another Monoblock tube amp  (4-250A I think with a beautiful photo)  posted on Facebook recently.
Open Chassis, 4-250, I guess an insulated plate cap, some audio transformers, and probably a separate B+ Power supply.
Listed for $17,000.   QRO Amp Builders ought to think about building for the Audiophile market.  If there was an inside chatroom list for the Bailed out bankers it would be productive to enter, if you can and ask them what they would like to have built for them that is unique.
That slice of Society is certainly bizarre, to us ordinary folks.

I once installed a big dish home satellite system in the early 80's at Vaughan Feather's  (Remember Cambridge Plan weight loss, Eileen Feathers' toys?)  Mansion, in Pebble beach....What I saw inside that Mansion..... But thats another story....
Best Regards,
73, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG  apolloeme at live.com
 MOONBOUNCE                                 YURI'S NIGHT