[Amps] what is a 4 wire 240VAC service?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Apr 3 18:02:54 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242 at yahoo.com>
To: <amps at contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2011 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Amps] what is a 4 wire 240VAC service?

It is a matter of reading comprehension or confusion about what I was
attempting to say.

"Altho the 4 wire has been SOP in industrial sites for ages"

The above has been in effect for generations and there is no argument with
it.

"it is a result of
nanny state busybodies where it is now mandated in our homes with appliances
that also require 120V"

That part is quite recent to the NEC even tho the standard 12-3, 10-3 or
larger appliance circuit has been in use since the 50's. Electricians do not
wire those circuits with 12-2 and a ground wire.

Carl
KM1H