[Amps] what is a 4 wire 240VAC service?

Steve g8gsq72 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 02:50:36 PDT 2011

In the UK, between 2001 and 2006 a TOTAL of 35 people died as a result
of using/misusing domestic electrical appliances and installations.

Decreasing that rate was the reason given for introducing heavy
regulation of what wiring work can be done without having to pay for
supervision by our building control authorities. The alternative is to
employ an electrician who's been on the right training course.....

My experience is that the course might give them a certificate and teach
them 'right ways' to do things but I despair at how little the ones I've
had dealing with understand about what they're doing. I wouldn't mind if
I could go and do the course and get clearance to do my own stuff, but
it doesn't work like that. It's as blatent a 'stich up' of the public as
I can recall in my 50odd years.

Steve