[Amps] Russian Tube Source(s)?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 15:31:16 PDT 2011

QROparts.com is a direct source from Russia.  Supposedly he has an outlet in Dallas, Texas.  However, when I obtained some GI-7bT tubes they were shipped from Russia.  I was told that the tubes would ship from Dallas (I am in the Dallas area) so I purchased them from QRO Parts.  But, they were not shipped from Dallas and it took a little over 4-weeks to get them.

As for the eBay store:  Those are really not for auction, but the seller in Ukraine sells these tubes just like QRO Parts.  But, his prices are cheaper and the shipping charges are slightly less.

I am in the process of ordering some GI-46b tubes.  I can get 4 of them for like $270 from the eBay store (including shipping) and 2 of them from QRO parts for like $230 (including shipping).  Twice as many tubes for only $40 more!  Also, the eBay seller does guarantee the tubes.

I built a 160-meter only amplifier using a pair of GI-7bT tubes.  Am now getting about 850 watts out with only 1700 volts on the plates (need a bigger transformer!).

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com