[Amps] Transformer i.d.

Martin Sole hs0zed at csloxinfo.com
Tue Apr 5 19:32:40 PDT 2011

Glen,

I have ECA transformers in my Henry amplifier, not sure if Alpha used them
also. The plate transformer I have is an ECA1171 but the configuration
sounds almost identical. Like you I had to figure out the primary
connections which I did using an audio generator at 60Hz and a scope. Then I
applied 6 volts from a heater transformer to confirm the findings. Was dead
simple.

I think you have the terminals wrong way round though 6, 7, and 8 are likely
the centre tapped HT secondary and 1 through 5 the adjustable primary. On
the ECA1171 the terminals would seem to be 1= 10v, 2= 0v, 3= 210v, 4= 230v.
There are only 4 terminals on the 1171 not 5 as you have on the 1028.

Never found any information on ECA so I guess they are long gone.

Regards
Martin, HS0ZED