[Amps] Alpha vs Henry

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Wed Apr 6 02:32:33 PDT 2011

Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:00:34 -0700
From: Damon Stewart <wsmc551 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha vs Henry

On 4/4/2011 12:49 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
> On 4/3/2011 8:06 AM, Damon Stewart wrote:
>> Very good amp but when pushed the tuned input plate
>> choke would start to scream.   It was a great 3800-4000 watt amp with
>> 100 watts drive.
> Exactly how did you use this amp at these power levels?  I hope you're
> not one of those LIDS who cheats by running higher than legal power.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

Cheat? In what way?  Sorry,  I don't contest.

Don't tell me you one of those who believes all cars should only make
just enough HP to reach the speed limit as anything above that would be
frivolous.

My belief is the best 1500 watt amp is one that can run 3KW with ease.
I don't believe in pushing equipment to its limit, rated or not.

Cheers!
Damon Stewart, KJ7E

### I just bought a 2010 Mustang GT.  It has enough HP and globs of torque to
run 3-4 cars very easily.  When I get done with the engine, it will be on steroids.
Frivolous, who cares.  It blows the doors off rice rockets + euro trash...and that's
good enough for me.

Later.... Jim  VE7RF