[Amps] Transformer i.d.

Sam Carpenter sam at owenscommunication.com
Wed Apr 6 05:47:30 PDT 2011

I think you can download the 3k/5k manual from BAMA and it will associate
the Transformers with models. I think yours is for the 3k Classic Console
Amp for Export, if I remember correctly. I can look when I get home tonight.
It is in the book. It is not always "Gospel" so-to-speak. Henry played fast
and loose for several years. You can find the 5k transformers in 2k and 3k
and you can find the weaker transformers in the models marked X that really
were not export. Most of those did not have the 10 meter position. But even
that is not a hard and fast rule. I think they built what the customer
wanted (refreshing). I purchased several amps over the years and none was
exactly what the manual said because what I wanted was what they wanted to
build. Lots of 8ks out there with 3k face plates.