[Amps] Amp Supply Power Dropping

N3XX n3xx at charter.net
Tue Apr 12 14:03:39 PDT 2011

Try a different wattmeter?

73,
Tim - N3XX

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Almeter" <w4mja at yahoo.com>
To: <Amps at contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 6:00 PM
Subject: [Amps] Amp Supply Power Dropping

Hello All, I've got an interesting problem with my Amp Supply LK-500NTC.
While operating a contest this weekend, I watched as periodically, the power
would drop down to about 100 watts output (with about 50 watts going into
the amp from the transmitter). I'd give the amp a second, and the power
would go right back up to about 500 watts. I initially thought this was
overheating, so I turned the internal fan on full blast. This didn't seem to
make that much of a difference. Every once in a while, the amplifier would
not have any output. Between 50 and 90 watts going in, but nothing coming
out. This makes me think there's a connection issue in the amp, but I
haven't been able to find one - yet. While there was low output or no
output, the plate and grid current on the amplifier remained within normal
ranges. Any one got any ideas?

73,

Mike

W4MJAdiv>