[Amps] WARNING! W4RT

Roger D Johnson n1rj at roadrunner.com
Thu Apr 14 08:46:29 PDT 2011

On 4/14/2011 11:04 AM, Commander John wrote:
> No, I don't think so, but you paid for it with Paypal which you stated.
> EBay and Paypal are one and the same. I will rephrase,
> Why not keep your squawk with them on Paypal where it belongs.
> I do understand there is widespread interest in crooked sellers.
> When the claim is settled then give the details.
> Until then it is inappropriate.
> john W9ZY

I think it's entirely appropriate to give a heads up to others who might be
contemplating the
purchase of a tuner to use on the input of a homebrew amp. Apparently, the W4RT
folks
don't realize that the PROll model cannot utilize the CPU chip they supply for
conversion to
an AT-100AMP. I'm sure this is an inadvertent error and not some attempt to cheat a
customer.

The real problem here is their failure to answer emails....there is no phone
number listed on
their site. They were very prompt in mailing the unit to me so I assume there is
someone working
there at least part-time. How long does it take to reply to a customer email
saying, "We're working
on it" or something. It's very troubling when you have a problem with a vendor
and they take a
"head in the sand" approach and hope you will go away.

73, Roger