[Amps] Which heathkit amp would you choose?

WA3GIN wa3gin at comcast.net
Sat Apr 16 09:44:51 PDT 2011

fYeah Buddy,

If folks would read about the theory and operation of RF amplifier tubes the
problem wouldn't be a surprise nor incorrectly attributed to a specific
brand of amplifier. Check out the reading materials: below

http://www.cpii.com/docs/related/22/C&F1Web.pdf  (highly technical but good
reading)

www.arrl-sc.org/Tech%20Presentations/Linear%20Amplifiers.pp  ( for the plug
& play operator; they list SB-220 as 'popular')

http://www.kk5dr.com/Tubes.html  (great reading)

Use it or lose it applies to lots of man made appliances but certainly RF
amplifier tubes ;-)

Enjoy,
dave
wa3gin