[Amps] Blown anode choke TL922

4Z4TL_IARC_300 4z4tl at iarc.org
Sun Apr 24 00:01:18 PDT 2011

Hi Jim
The choke is a home-made replica (quite close) of the original stock.
I wounded it myself, but never evaluated it with a Dip meter.
(I counted turns, measured spacings, wire diameter & inductance, & copied it
to my best ability).

In the last 2-3 months main bands were 20,15,10 & 12, mostly in RTTY at
400-600w out.

The amp was on 20m when this happened, no TX. I just flipped from SSB to CW
intending to QRT.
Since the prolonged heating is obvious, I think this has been building up
for the last weeks / months.

MODS to the amp are numerous: pse see a page I prepared a year ago after
finishing the work :
http://www.iarc.org/~4z4tl/TL922/index.html
Tks , Isaac 4Z1TL