[Amps] Blown anode choke TL922

Diane & Edward Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Sun Apr 24 14:34:13 PDT 2011

Hi Guys,

Does that specific amplifier incorporate 160-meters...?

If not, find yourself a good old National-brand R-175A plate choke (I
believe that's the model/part number of it), & install it (hopefully it'll
fit). Period.

The "A" designation denotes a design change incorporated AFTER the adoption
of the 15-meter band, i.e. it eliminates a resonance point found in the
21-MHz region with the original R-175 model, and so is more desirable.

I have a friend who is parting-out the remains of an estate sale---and a
National choke is still a part of the left-overs (not sure if it was an "A"
model, or not). Sounds like a painless solution to me...!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ