[Amps] Airflow meter

Dugas, Jason A. (JSC-EP511) jason.a.dugas at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 28 10:55:18 PDT 2011

Roger, K8RI, mentioned the hot wire anemometer.  Jose Miyara of Rosario, Argentina wrote an excellent application brief in January of 1971 in Analog Dialogue, which is the trade journal of Analog Electronics.  I had a run-in with this on the space shuttle orbiter-they use this same device to measure the flow rate of reactants entering the fuel cells.  When the space shuttle launches today, you can know that the hot wire anemometer is working, along with an old Royer squre-wave power oscillator ;-)

I wrote a brief for them and they also reprinted Jose's writeup back around 2003 or so.  You can read the article at:
http://www.analog.com/library/analogdialogue/archives/38-12/reader.html

Jason
KB5URQ