[Amps] OT-small gauge magnet wire source?

Roger (sub1) sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Aug 29 11:12:29 PDT 2011

On 8/28/2011 8:51 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:
> Thanks Jim....I made a suggestion to my friend to salvage wire from
> small hobby type motors but the relay suggestion is probably a better
> one.  Hopefully someone may have a source.

In general I've found most motors to have had the wire varnished after
winding making it unsuitable for reuse, but not all, so approach with
care and I'm sure between relays and small motors  the sizes can be
found  in the #32 to 40 ga sizes.  OTOH I don't recall seeing many
relays with wire that small.

73

Roger (K8RI)