[Amps] Replacing 3-500Z tubes with 4-400A tubes

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Dec 7 09:17:41 PST 2011

Since the 4-400A's  run about 200W less output with 100W drive in a SB-220
they are far from being pushed.

The TBolt and Invader were also 2000W PEP SSB and 1000W input CW amps. Many
ran them on CW in the SSB position at 1200W out and the lower fan location
was far from ideal.

Bottom line is that they arent abused in a SB-220.

Carl
KM1H