[Amps] rectifier diode modules

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Wed Dec 7 21:40:50 PST 2011

Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 13:20:34 -0700
From: "Jim  Garland" <4cx250b at muohio.edu>
Subject: [Amps] rectifier diode modules

I'm looking for suggestions for a source of diode blocks to use in a couple
of HV power supplies. I'm using a bridge rectifier and would like to have
8KV-10KV PRV per block. The power supply will be rated at 2A DC, so I'd like
at least 1A max continuous rating per block.

I have some blocks scavenged from an old ARD-230C amplifier rated at
8IV/750mA. I ran one for 45min at an amp with no problems, so I can probably
make do with those if I can't find any others. They're made by a company I
never heard of, but are very attractive.

Henry Radio sells "half-bridges" which are rated at 15KV/1.5A, but that is
7.5KV per leg and I'd like a bit more.

This is all about cosmetics, by the way. I know I can string a bunch of
e.g., 1N5408 diodes, but I prefer the elegance of blocks.

Tnx,

###   http://www.rfparts.com/hvrect.html    scroll  from top to bottom, and they have
everything u need.   The single phase bridge assy...at the very bottom, is used in broadcast TX
and is very similar to the one dahl used to make.  They both use 6A10's  with a mov across each diode.
#51014/51050.

##  If you don't want to blow em up, then install a HV fuse between xfmr sec and input to diode board,
one leg only.

Later... Jim  VE7RF.