[Amps] Shipment of large old tubes

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Fri Dec 16 21:57:31 PST 2011

  This does not happen by just laying on its side. It happens by dropping the item.
I have had a number of 4-1000A tubes that were shipped at the same time and by the same
company. These sat on the shelf for some years and when I opened them up the plates were
badly off center. I suspect that they were tossed into the trucks even though they were
labled all the warnings on them. I managed to straighten them up by carefully bumping them
until they were centered again. After that they worked just fine.
  The connection to the plate is different that that of a 250th but shipping companies just don't
care.

73
bill wa4lav