[Amps] Linear Amplifier Tuning---PROPERLY!

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Tue Dec 20 04:47:58 PST 2011

On 2011-12-19, at 10:43 PM, Jim W7RY wrote:

> http://www.w8ji.com/loading_amplifier.htm

Hi Jim,

Here's exactly what Tom says in his website which you directed me to:
The last few tuning steps should always be:

Load the amplifier to maximum obtainable output at full exciter drive (without exceeding amplifier short term overload ratings)
After that, advance the loading control very slightly beyond that point (towards less capacitance).

No mention of having to "re-tweak" the plate tuning control at all, that I can see---so does this mean "hands off" that particular knob, or that the writer is naturally assuming that one would naturally touch-up that control as a matter of course...?

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ