[Amps] Fwd: Linear Amplifier Tuning---PROPERLY!

Commander John crazytvjohn at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 25 13:34:03 PST 2011

I fail to see how having spurious sidebands at -20, -30, -40 or whatever makes the
Signal wider.  The sidebands are still there regardless of final suppression level. It is the receiving stations receiver having the rejection ability that reduces received interference.  Having adjacent sidebands that are stronger than necessary causes a receiving station to hear these sidebands at a harmful signal strength further away from the transmitted frequency than if they had supression at a highter level.  A legal limit station would have much stronger IMD because it is stronger not wider.  It only is preceived as wider because they are stronger than from a 100 watt transmitter.
john W9ZY