[Amps] Transformer: CML 8-5144 - specs?

Brian Moran brianmo at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 16:09:47 PST 2011

I am getting into a restoration of a homebrew 4-1000 amplifier, and the plate transformer is marked CML 8-5144; does anyone know of what its specs may be be? It's in a sealed cube, and very heavy, driving a FWB, and really large 15mfd / 6000v oil filled capacitor (Sangamo). I have to put in a 220v circuit to the garage where I can work on the amp, since it's too heavy to get it into my shack w/o a refrigerator dolly (and there's no room to work on it in that 8x8 room anyway)... which is why I haven't measured it empirically yet.

Thanks,

Brian N9ADG