[Amps] 2 meters GS-31B...

Robert Briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Tue Feb 1 16:33:30 PST 2011

Hi all, I am currently constructing a 2 meter EME amplifier for a local
ham...The request is for an amplifier that will run 400 watts 1 minute
data streams...I chose the GS-31B triode rather than use a pair of GI-7B
so that there is plenty of reserve dissipation from the tube...

I am using a toroidal HT transformer with multiple taps from 725 volts
to 1125 volts giving me a good choice of HT voltages after doubling...As
the load will only be around 350ma or so at 400 watts output I am
wondering what HT should I apply to the tube between 2500 and 2900 vdc
to have a happy medium? The amplifier may be occasionally be used on SSB...

Bob..VK3ZL..