[Amps] What to buy?

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Thu Feb 3 04:02:13 PST 2011

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:52:57 -0500
From: "Carl" <km1h at jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps]To: What to buy?

Hmmm, ferrite has never been recommended for RF tank circuits that Im aware
of. Ferrite is fine in receiver and other low level applications mostly at
low frequencies.

Good amplifier engineering has used powdered iron in various mixes,
generally from Micrometals in North America.The #2 mix is the usual choice
in amps for 160-80M and has been in use since the late 70's.

There are huge differences between the 2 materials in regards to losses and
temperature stability.

Carl
KM1H