[Amps] AL-811 & 572's

W7MJM w7mjm at arrl.net
Wed Feb 9 12:27:18 PST 2011

Is there anyone on the list who can answer my question as to why three
572B's in the three-hole AL-811 should only put out 600 watts whereas W8JI
has suggested (if memory serves), that when retubing the four-hole AL-811H
with 572B's, only three are needed and the fourth hole can be left empty?

If an AL-811H retubed in this manner puts out 800 watts PEP, why not the
AL-811? Is the power supply different?

Waiting to be enlightened, but without any arcing. :-)

73,
Martin
W7MJM