[Amps] AL-811 & 572's

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Feb 15 07:37:18 PST 2011

A well tweaked Clipperton L will do 1200W at 100W drive. The manual
specifies maximum drive at 150W and it will do 1500W out but the bandswitch
is already stressed so I dont recommend it.

At 2400V the 572B gain is around 12dB, it varies a little tube to tube and
manufacturer. A 2 tube amp such as the SB-200 can be driven to max with as
little as 75W....even as a 6M monobander. At 1500-1600V figure on 10dB PEP
gain as the PS doesnt sag as much as with a steady carrier with the filter
caps providing stored energy.

Some try to drive a 30L1 with 572's at 150W and get more out but the
transformer is already marginal.

Carl
KM1H