[Amps] door knob capacitors

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 07:07:49 PST 2011

I need either a 1000 pf or two 500 pf door knob capacitors with at least a 10 kV rating.  These are for use as loading capacitors in a 160-meter single band liner using a pair of GI-7bT Russian tubes.  The amplifier is working but the capacitor that I have in parallel with the variable capacitor is 1400 pf and that puts the variable at minimum capacitance when loading a 50 ohm load.  The variable is 1000 pf maximum and dropping the parallel capacitance by 400 pf will get it working fine.

Let me know how much, etc.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com