[Amps] L4-B Band Switch Repiar?

Mel itz_da_police at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 15:58:53 PST 2011

I have a whole Pi-Net output circuit from a Drake L4-B amplifier; the problem is that 2 of the shorting fingers that make contact with band switch were burned off.

Link

The fingers make contact with taps on the tank coil and, with these fingers missing, there are not enough turns being shorted out for the desired band.

Link

I would think that there is a repair out there for this venerable amplifier; I am sure that this is not the first time this has happened.  If I can hold it in my hands, then I should be able to repair it.

Mel

.