[Amps] 1nF 3kV feedthrough

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jan 1 08:39:55 PST 2011

Iain wrote:

> Wonder if anyone can help ? I am looking for a 1nF 3kV feedthrough
> capacitor.

> The highest voltage rating I seem to be able to find is 2kV.

   You can always make your own.  Drill a hole in a sheet of metal (or use an exiting hole) wrap a
typical wire with hV insulation fiberglass, or silicone tape, polyurethane or glass tubing and
measure the capacity, if to much, enlarge the hole and try more tubing.
You might want to start with inner conductor and polyurethane insulation from various types of coax,
such as RG-11/U and RC-8/U. (in that order)  Remember 1 nF is almost unmeasurable.
--
    Ron KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!