[Amps] Greetings and Question: what fuse do I use for the Clipperton L (and where do I get them)?

Jack k6jeb at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 14:50:07 PST 2011

I recently bought a Dentron Clipperton L and the fuse is gone.  Everything else
is in fine order.  Looking at the manual, in the PARTS LIST (page 8), it says F1
is "12A at 117v, 18A at 234V."

However, in the schematic, F1 is labeled "18A SB FUSE (12A SB at 234V AC)."

This amp appears to be still wired for 110-120v.

I suspect the 18A SB Fuse is the correct one for our 110-120V mains here in the
States.  Can someone please verify this?

Extra points if you can point me in the right direction for buying these fuses.

73!
Jack, K6JEB
http://www.k6jeb.com/

PS - A short intro since I recently joined this list:  I've been a ham since
1983.  I enjoy DXing, contesting, building gear and antennas, QRP, digital
modes, CW, and many other facets of this great hobby.  Back in 1983, there were
even more cranks saying ham radio was dying.  I guess it's dying even more now
since our numbers have gone up considerably, and the CW sub-bands have only
become more popular.  If this is a dying hobby, please give me the grave with
the STEPPIR mounted to the top of my Rohn gravestone/tower.