[Amps] Adhesives

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jan 8 08:57:17 PST 2011

Roger wrote:

> On 1/8/2011 8:49 AM, Mike Krzystyniak wrote:
>>      I have a DTR-2000 amp from Dentron.   The metalized label on the back has lifted about half way off starting from one of the corners.  It seems like the lifted part of the label to have lost its stickeynesss.  I want to reattach the label but due to the springy quality of the material I question which type of adhesive to apply.  Any suggestions?
> Due to the irregular shape I use contact cement sparingly and by the
> directions.

   I would attempt to carefully remove the label completely, clean the back of the label and where
it goes, I would scrub the parking spot with a "scotch bright" (pot scrubber, mask around it with
painters tape) and use the "contact cement" as Roger mentioned.  If all of the glue has not failed I
would glue the lose portion back.
--
    Ron KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!