[Amps] Fuses

Commander John crazytvjohn at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 10:19:55 PST 2011

Hi
I needed fuses for my Commander Magnum recently and found they used Buss BAF 20 fuses which are expensive. They are fast blow fuses. Why they needed these big Midget fuses is beyond me.   a Pair locally cost $18.  I checked on eBay and bought a box of 10 for $16.  My newest treasure a Kenwood TL 922 uses similar fuses with Japanese or Chinese code that the bussmann couldn't trace.  The Buss BAF20 fit it and they are made in 15 amp version.  They are 1 1/4" x 13/32" just a little bigger than a quarter inch.  Search on eBay for "BAF 20" and you can see what they look like.
I was looking on eBay for some low cost ones and bought 17 for $10 last night.
If you know the fuse number you can seek it out before you need them.
john W9ZY