[Amps] Source for 2SC5305D transistors

kingwood k5jv at kingwoodcable.com
Tue Jan 11 15:59:29 PST 2011

Greetings to all,

        About a year ago, I sent out a couple of posts about modifying the
Ameritorn QSK-5 PC, QSK board, to operate with a higher reverse bias, thus
allowing operation into a higher SWR.  In this mod I substituted 2SC5305D's
for the original switching transistors.

        I ordered 50 of these devices from a source, one of several, on
eBay.  I have now used all 50 from the original order and have four boards
(needing 16 transistors) on my desk, at the present time, for upgrading.
Unfortunately, my source for the 2SC5305D's has dried up and I have been
unable to locate them, except from a couple of rip-off artist, for $12 to
$16 each.

        If anyone happens to have some of these transistors (must be in a
TO-220 case), or know of a source for them,  I would really appreciate
hearing from you.

         I have not found a suitable cross reference for the 2SC5305D.  The
closest I have been able to locate is a BU508A.  This device is much more
robust, in a larger case, but can be adapted to the Ameritron board.

73 de Lon, K5JV

Lon W. Cottingham

1110 Golden Bear Ln.
Kingwood, TX 77339