[Amps] 572Bs

Paul Manuel k4pdm at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 07:16:19 PST 2011

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like there is no real concensus on current Russian or Chinese tube quality. Lots of different experiences.

Maybe some work better in some amplifier designs than others. Maybe not all the tubes with the same label are made in the same factory. Who knows.

I'm leaning toward ordering the Russian 572Bs from Louisiana because of quicker shipping and response if I have a problem.

I do know about the parasitic supressor issue and am supposed to be getting new ones soon from the previous owner, he ordered the wire and resistors before he decided to sell the Clipperton L.

Thanks again & 73, Paul K4PDM