[Amps] What to buy?

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 26 17:17:11 PST 2011

You're obviously not worried about obsolete tubes then?

I have a Emtron DX-2 which runs the Svetlana 4CX1600B (GU91B). It is
unobtainium.

The GU78 and GU84B have all but gone the same way.

I would stay clear of those tubes unless you stock up with a few
spares when you buy the amp. In a few short years, you will NOT be
able to find a spare for love or money.

73, Alek
VK6APK

At 07:02 AM 27/01/2011, n8de at thepoint.net wrote:
>I'd get an OM Power 3500A .... no question about it.
>73
>Don
>N8DE
>

>Quoting Alek Petkovic <vk6apk at bigpond.com>:
>
> > Well, If I were getting "some other box", high on my list would be
> > the Emtron DX-2SP with the FU728F tube supplied and the option of
> > being able to plug and play a 4CX1500B into in lieu of it, if
> > desired. Don't believe any other manufacturer in the world today,
> > offers such an option.
> >
> > 73, Alek
> > VK6APK
> >

> > At 02:58 AM 27/01/2011, Dennis Watkins wrote:
> >> I'll be comming into some $ and want to purchase the best I can get within
> >> reason. If you had ACOM, Alpha,Tokyo high power which would you get and
> >> why?? Maybe some other box..
> >>
> >> Dennis  W7JX
> >>

> >> =======
> >> Email scanned by PC Tools - No viruses or spyware found.
> >> (Email Guard: 7.0.0.21, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.16770)
> >> http://www.pctools.com/
> >> =======
> >
> >  From sunny Binningup, Western Australia
> >
> > http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
> > http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6ap
> >

> > =======
> > Email scanned by PC Tools - No viruses or spyware found.
> > (Email Guard: 7.0.0.21, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.16770)
> > http://www.pctools.com/
> > =======

>=======
>Email scanned by PC Tools - No viruses or spyware found.
>(Email Guard: 7.0.0.21, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.16770)
>http://www.pctools.com/
>=======

 From sunny Binningup, Western Australia

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk