[Amps] OM3500A

n8de at thepoint.net n8de at thepoint.net
Wed Jan 26 17:31:26 PST 2011

Alek,
Running the OM3500A at US legal limit of 1.5kw would mean that the
GU78B would last my lifetime, if not any ham's lifetime.

I prefer the design and layout to any other currently available amp in
this 'power range'.

As for Roger's concern about 'not being sold in USA' .. that is quite
true, but they are available to any US ham.  Just purchase one from
the factory and pay the exhorbitant shipping charges. ... or .... go
there and bring one back!

73
Don
N8DE

Alek said:
You're obviously not worried about obsolete tubes then?

I have a Emtron DX-2 which runs the Svetlana 4CX1600B (GU91B). It is
unobtainium.

The GU78 and GU84B have all but gone the same way.

I would stay clear of those tubes unless you stock up with a few
spares when you buy the
amp. In a few short years, you will NOT be able to find a spare for
love or money.

73, Alek
VK6APK