[Amps] I answered it.

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Jan 29 09:31:00 PST 2011

A. 200W is for the USA only so dont go preaching to an "alien"

B. CW and all data modes are legal on 30M and that includes that RYRYRY
stuff.

C. Its a very popular QRP CW band as well as lots of DX chasing at all power
levels. All DXpeditions include 30M.

D. The TL-922 will have to be used in the 20M position otherwise no power
will get thru the tuned input and outputs. The input bandwidth will probably
work to some degree with some help from an ATU but I dont know about the
output tank. Most tuned input amps Ive tested will cover 30M at around 50%
efficiency. Others using broadband resistive inputs run close to full bore.

E. Im approaching 300 DXCC on 30M CW with 100-150W and its also my usual QRP
band with a 1934 National FB-XA and 1938 Meissner Signal Shifter at 5W.
Antenna is the parallel 160/80M inverted vee without an ATU.

Carl
KM1H