[Amps] Risks from continuous discharge of high voltage ??

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sun Jul 3 18:09:27 PDT 2011

Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 13:27:27 +0100
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby at onetel.net>
Subject: [Amps] Risks from continuous discharge of high voltage ??

There's an ebay auction for a 100 kV transformer from an x-ray set.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190544288962

I mentioned to the seller he should warn people of possible production of
x-rays. He does not think this possible and I must admit I'm not sure if its
possible without a vacuum. But I've also suggested that it could produce UV and
ozone.

"Dangerous but great fun and ideal for lots of interesting experiments."

But at 100 kV, I'm wondering what dangers there are apart from the obvious one
of electrocution.

I've suggested he ads a note that there may be other dangers other than
electrocution.

##  he clearly wants to make a buck...so no point in scaring  potential buyer's  away.
The tesla coil fellow's seem to have this hv  down pat.   I have seen a few of those
set ups, where they will use  2 x pole pig xfmrs..with their sec's in SERIES..and the
primaries in parallel.   Then it all goes into the 7' long coil.   Those things never cease
to amaze me.

##  100 kv is nothing to trifle with.

Later... Jim  VE7RF