[Amps] AC filament voltage regulator

Hsu hsu4qro at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 03:37:16 PDT 2011

Hi John,
  You are correct. But a problem ,AD's true RMS chip is not a inexpensive device.
    I  have an idea, using a inexpensive CdS photoresistor-LED or micro-bulb
 photocoupler( like  N110 in  ICOM  PS-35  power supply) because bulb and CdS
photoresistor with very bad frequency response
   so the sampling voltage   will associate  with  true RMS volt  (I guesss) ...
If  the noise is not a problem and the tube's cathode is oxide-coated ,
the switching regulator is the best. but monolithic  IC  maximal out put current
only 10A (ST's  L4970) others need external power MOS FET.
   73!Hsu