[Amps] Inductor for my YC156 amp project

Jim Barber audioguy at q.com
Sun Jul 10 17:14:41 PDT 2011

Here's a link to an image of the tank inductor I recently had made for
my YC156 amp project.
It was made by Viking/Cardwell/Multronics,  model # M47-15V . It's 47uh
maximum, rated at 15A continuous:

http://www.n7cxi.com/yc156/multronics_inductor.jpg

I don't know the voltage rating, but the insulation and air gaps seem to
be substantial.

If you're wondering "why", (perhaps with some reason) it's simply a case
of my wondering what a more-or-less "unrestrained" design for a
legal-limit 40-160m YC156 amp would look like. The vacuum caps came out
just a bit large as well. ;-)

73,
Jim, N7cXI