[Amps] Supply question

Michael J Talkington n8fwd at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:47:32 PDT 2011

Hello,
I am building a single band hf amp. I am using two 3-500Z tubes. The specs for the tubes say
4000 Volts dc max. I keep hearing people volting these tubes in standby above this voltage
and when they transmit the voltage sags to 4000 vdc or a little below. Is this bad for the tube?
If I figure correctly 2800 volts ac full wave bridge and after filter caps I should get  4032 volts dc
2800 X 1.44 am I correct? I will be bombarding you with questions cause I want to do this right.
Thanks Mike N8FWD