[Amps] Supply question

Sam Carpenter sam at owenscommunication.com
Wed Jul 20 08:35:55 PDT 2011

Lots of the Henry amps have idled at 4200 and run between 3700 and 3900
under load for years and years. Some of the B&W, amps and the like ran up
high. Ameritron is somewhere in between and they all seem to make the
numbers. A lot of folks say that the tubes in their amps run longer like
that because they warm up the plates to the point that the tubes "getter"
the full range of gas whenever they are used. I have seen a lot of 4000 v B+
3-500 amps out there being used daily that still have Eimac tubes.

Sam N9FUT