[Amps] T/R relays for 2M

John G3UUT amps at grebe.plus.com
Fri Jun 3 05:14:19 PDT 2011

Beware of trying to speed up coax relays by putting an initial over
voltage on them.  I tried this with a 26 V Radial relay, I put a DC
voltage on the contacts and observed the result on a scope.   It did
speed it up but because the contacts were moving faster, they bounced
which they didn't do with the normal voltage.  In the end the time for
them to settle after the bounce was the same as with the normal voltage.

73 John G3UUT