[Amps] Should a blower run after amp shutdown?

John G3UUT amps at grebe.plus.com
Fri Jun 3 05:25:47 PDT 2011

Another caution, this time about constant voltage transformers.  I had
one of these and tried to use it to stabilise the mains to a signal
generator to improve drift.  It sort of worked but the main problem with
it was that it distorted the mains waveform quite badly, sufficiently so
that a normal moving coil meter read very inaccurately.  I'm not sure if
all constant voltage transformers have this problem but some certainly
do so if you want to set the filament to a particular voltage make sure
you use a true RMS reading meter.

73 John G3UUT