[Amps] PA choke design

Roy royanjoy at ncn.net
Wed Jun 29 06:56:32 PDT 2011

Re:

"...I would like to get the group opinion on
- using a long/big normal air wound coil to get around 1 mH (coil not
involved in "matching" i.e. impedance well above circuit impedance at the
anode. 1 inch wide/several inch long/500turns)...(etc)"

Yes, I think that solenoid above is the best choice. Pi-wound can slam the
sections together if a bang happens. Ferrite I'm leery about, but would like
to experiment more. One inch by 600 turns of #24 is ideal...it ought to be
essentially invisible to the tank circuit.

73,  Roy    K6XK