[Amps] DIODE PIV Confusion

K1SG at aol.com K1SG at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 16:20:40 PDT 2011

Dick, the reason for the confusion is that there are indeed 2 different
diodes with that designation!  Mouser, for example, lists both of  them.
Take a look at both data sheets, and check the physical dimensions.   The 1
KV 6A10 is huge, with a diameter (IIRC) of about 1/3".  If the diode  is
substantially smaller, it's the  100volt diode.  If you order  6A10's from a
reputable dealer, you can easily verify that the part they're  selling is
indeed a 1 KV 6A device.

Steve

Steve  Gilbert
K1SG
K1SG at AOL.com
508-435-9133

In a message dated 6/29/2011 1:24:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,